Trout fly fishing in Ireland
Daily rates :
- For 1 fisherman: 160 euros/day
- For 2 fishermen: 200 euros/day
- For 3 fishermen: 240 euros/day
- Daily guiding,
- Rods, reels and lines,
- Lures or artificial flies,
- Lunch (sandwich, soups, cheeses, fruits, water and coffee/tea),
- Accessories (pliers, nets…)
- Email sending of the pictures taken during the day.
- Transport to the meeting spot (to agree upon together).
- Fishing licence and fishing peremit on some classified rivers for migratory fish (seatrout and salmon).
- Rod and material damage due to negligence.
- Boots, waders.
- Cancellation and repatriation insurances.
Rock fishing in Ireland and pike fishing
Rock fishing with lures, on the Irish west coast gives good sport with pollacks, wrasses and mackerels.
From May until October using light tackle, such as 10 to 60 gr rods power with rubber lures, metal jigs, it can provide some easy fishing when sea conditions are good …
You can come as you are, as all fishing tackle is provided. Do not forget good hiking shoes, though !
Daily rates for Rock fishing
- For 1 fisherman: 150 euros/day
- For 2 fishermen: 190 euros/day
- For 3 fishermen: 220 euros/day
There is a possibility of pike fishing on lakes from 50 ha up to 2.000 ha, with a classic Irish boat with engine, suitable for 3 fishermen and a guide.
I use spinning rods from 60 to 100 gr power (Savage Gear, Hart) with Penn 3500 reels.
Fishing on lures only with jerkbaits, swimbaits, crankbait and spinners with the help of fish finder / GPS with color screen.
Daily rate boat pike fishing :
- 1 to 3 fishermen : 260 euros/day
Hiking & fishing holiday in Ireland
Located South-West, with Cork as the main city, this rather unknown county is a wellspring of Ireland’s best.
Beautiful landscapes, mountains to rolling hillsides, and all the way to beaches and rocky coastline.
You can come either on your own or with a group, for any length of time.
As a guideline, for two people, you could choose 6 days of guided fishing throughout West Cork, with a unique accommodation. You could choose among trout fishing on different rivers, streams and mountain lakes, or rock fishing on the coastline.
Fishing spots are close to the house, from 10 min to an hour drive.
It is a very quiet, friendlyl and relaxing wooden home owned by a friend of mine.
Meals are prepared and taken at the house (except the lunch), thus offering more freedom for the hiking or fishing days ahead.
Enjoy your holidays as you wish, and feel free to sleep in the morning after a long and chatty evening !
The program will be made according to your fishing, hiking and sightseeing wishes.
Wild brown trout fly fishing in Ireland – 6 days / 7 nights
Only 1220 euros per person with 6 days guiding !
This rate includes:
- 6 fishing days guiding (including one day on boat for pike fishing if you wish to try something else ! ).
- Home-stay accommodation,
- 7 breakfasts, 6 picnics and 6 evening meals cooked together,
- Fishing tackle provided (if needed )
Rate does not include:
- airline or ferry transportation to Ireland,
- transportation during your stay,
- alcoholic beverages,
- personal and cancellation insurance,
- personal expenses,
- fishing permits and rights if you wish to fish on some rivers (classified for migratory fish, like salmon)
- Everything not mentioned in “Price includes above “.
Please note I can handle your welcoming and transport for the duration of your holiday (ask me for further details).
Authentic fishing holidays in total freedom !
Fishing tackle shop in Ireland
Here is a list of several retailers that I know well and they will be able to give you fishing update and advices.
The village Tackle shop
Not far form Belfast city centre in a quiet neighbourhood, the owner, Richard, will welcome you to a well-stocked store. Every fisherman will be satisfied, especially when it comes to baits for longline sea fishing.
Richard knows his surroundings just as well as the rest of Ireland, do not hesitate to ask him for advice. A very useful and not to be missed destination.
Tackle shop Castelbar
Ballina Angling Centre
Here is a store after our own heart, with quality gear to make us dream about, a welcoming team and the best view in Ballina on the Weir and the Ridge pool, the two most-well known salmon fishing spots on the Moy river.
Padraig & Robbie are here to give great advice while enjoying a cup of coffee or tea. Salmon fishing might be the house specialty, but trout flyfishers will have the rare opportunity here to find materials to build their beloved flies.
The sea fishing shelf is well-stocked, and you will find fresh and frozen bait as well.
A must-see if you come by Ballina.
Tiernan Tackle Shop
Main street, Foxford
The Tiernan brothers’ store has long been an essential meeting-place for Moy fishermen and beyond. Whether you fish for salmon, trout, pike or at sea, you will find every item you might need here. On top of that, you will find a great selection of boots, leg straps and waders, alongside a well-stocked fly section. In high season, the shop is busy with salmon fishers from all over, getting their permits, bait or spoons. A lively mix of passionate and occasional fishermen that Michael and his brother are advising as well as possible.
For the amateur photographer, this destination doubles as a fishmonger, with mackerels, flounders and cods on display, but hardly ever wild salmon… For this elusive catch, you will have to fish again and again ! But don’t forget to enjoy this destination and get your missing fly here !